Intern at ABC
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student? Are you looking for a chance to gain experience in the field you love? At the ABC, we’re in the market for talented, invested and ambitious individuals who want to uniquely impact the arts and business communities of Nashville.
If you are interested in a general internship with ABC, please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to Jackie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in a legal internship with the Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts program, please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to Casey Gill Summar at email@example.com.
Current Internship Opportunities
General ABC Intern
As an ABC intern, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure through the exciting environment of the Arts and Business Council of Greater Nashville. We consider our interns to be an integral part of the team. Through hands-on application and organization dialogue, you will be exposed to the business of Arts and the inherent role creativity plays in commerce. Throughout your internship, you will report to the Communications Coordinator and assist in numerous functions of the organization.
- Work with the Communications Coordinator to develop communications/marketing goals
- Assist in writing and designing informational and marketing materials
- Maintain the organization’s online presence: website, blog, facebook, twitter, youtube
- Assist in writing press releases, reports, e-newsletters
- Attend relevant organization meetings
- Assist in event planning and execution
- Provide administrative assistance
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to multitask and work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of basic layout and design principles (preferred, but not required)
- Willingness to wear many hats and learn about the nonprofit community
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Arts, Business, Marketing or related field. No experience necessary.
Flexible hours will be arranged with the student’s schedule to range between 10-15 hours per week. These hours will fall within the regular business hours of 8 am to 5 pm.
This is an unpaid internship and does not guarantee employment upon completion. Parking expenses will be covered in full. We will work with the college or university to meet the requirements of an intern credit if possible. The student is responsible for securing and coordinating all information if college credit is needed.
Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts Legal Intern
ABC’s Volunteer Lawyers & Professionals for the Arts (VLPA) program accepts resumes for legal interns during the school year and over the summer. As a VLPA intern, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to all manner of arts and entertainment law. Interns work directly with clients to gain hands-on experience in these fields. Throughout your internship, you will report to the Director of the VLPA program, Casey Gill Summar.
- Perform client interviews and intakes
- Participate in client meetings
- Engage in research on a variety of legal issues
- Prepare memos on arts and entertainment law topics
- Draft and review contracts
- Assist in educational seminars on legal and business topics for the arts community
Summer internships are full-time, with a minimum six week commitment. During the semester, flexible hours will be arranged with the student’s schedule, with a minimum commitment of 8 hours per week. These hours will fall within the regular business hours of 9 am to 5 pm.
This is an unpaid internship and does not guarantee employment upon completion. Parking expenses will be covered in full. We will work with your law school to meet the requirements for receiving academic intern/externship credit if possible. The student is responsible for securing and coordinating all information to obtain academic credit.